Project for the implementation of a Mediterranean network of Τechnopolis" interface structures
The aim of the project MED TECHNOPOLIS is the establishment of a Mediterranean Network of Technological Interface Structures (TIS) of the “Technopolis” generation, with the view of the renewal of the existing TISs and the extension to new regions and to a large number of Small and Medium Towns (SMTs) of the Mediterranean, of the dynamics of innovation, knowledge economy and information society, in general.
The duration of the project is 36 months when will be implemented the following actions:
- Creation of Technology Interface Structures of the “Technopolis” generation in the participating regions.
- Launch of a Mediterranean cycle of a training-action course for executives and businesspeople to promote the culture of innovation and competitiveness in these regions.
- Implementation of regional actions plans with research and training-action associations, and with innovation and competitiveness as the driving force, between companies and institutions of the six regions committed to this project.
The MED programme seeks to achieve the following results:
- Improvement of competitiveness in the MED space to ensure growth and employment for future generations.
- Promotion of territorial cohesion and protection of the environment under the logic of sustainable development.
- Respect for the principles of equality of opportunities and non-discrimination.