D. G. Maritsas CURRICULUM VITAE
D. G. Maritsas
Director of the
Computer Technology Institute (C.T.I.)
Professor at the
Computer Engineering and Informatics Department
of the University of Patras
STUDIES - DEGREES
Ph.D. in Electronic and Computer Engineering
University of Manchester
MANCHESTER ENGLAND 1969
Ms.C. in Information and Systems Engineering
Electrical Engineering Dept.
University of Birmingham
BIRMINGHAM ENGLAND 1967
Physics Degree, University of Athens
ATHENS - GREECE 1962
1990-1996 Director of the Computer Technology Institute (C.T.I.)
1981-1996 Professor at the Computer Engineering and Informatics of the University of Patras. Founder and Chairman of the Department until 1987.
1985-1990 Founder and Associate Director of the Computer Technology Institute (C.T.I.).
1980-1981 Director of the Department of Computers of the “N.R.C. Democritos”, Athens - Greece.
1973-1980 Research Engineer in the Dept. of Computers of the “N.R.C. Democritos”, Athens - Greece.
1969-1972 Research Engineer at the "Αdvanced Systems Group of I.C.L." at West Gorton Manchester England.
1965-1966 Research Assistant in the Systems Evaluation Section of the Operation Research Dept. of the British Iron and Steel Research Association.
OTHER PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES
- ¨ Has served as referee for:
ΙΕΕΕ Τransactions on Computers
ACM Computing Reviews
European Journal of Operation Research
National Program for Research and Development.
- ¨ Has been in the program committee of the:
International Conference on Supercomputers 1987 (Athens).
PARCELLA 1986 and 1990, Berlin.
PARLE 1992, Paris.
PARLE 1994, Athens.
- ¨ Technical Consultant to the International Computers Ltd. (ICL) at West Gordon Manchester (1969).
- ¨ Technical Consultant to the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) in WIEN, where he designed Protocols and Encryption Schemes for the RECOVER network (1981-1983).
- ¨ Technical Consultant to the Hellenic Arms Industry (HAI), participating in the ESPRIT "MUSE".The aim of the project was the design of the "ΑΤΗΕΝΑ" Software Quality Assurance tool (1.300.000 ECUs).
- ¨ Technical Consultant to the ALFA company (1988-1990).
- ¨ Technical Consultant to various companies and public organizations (Hellenic Electronic Industry, ETVA, Ministry of Education and Religious Affairs, Ministry of Finance, etc).
- ¨ Has been the principal rapporteur and author of the policy making reports on Informatics, for the ministries of National Economy (1983) and Education and Religious Affairs (1984).
- ¨ Has participated and managed the ESPRIT project GRASPIN (1.300.000 ECUs).
- ¨ Has headed the projects of C.T.I. ΙΝTRAFAX and INTRALEX (in collaboration with ΙΝΤRACOM, 60.000.000 drachmas.).
- ¨ Has originated, designed and managed the C.T.I. development project (“C.T.I.-MIP”, 1,3 billion drachmas.). In this capacity he has supervised the development and organization of the C.T.I. computer center and the laboratories’ design.
Has taught the classes:
- * Computer Architecture I (Introduction), 1st Year
- * Computer Architecture II , 3rd Year
- * Programming Languages, 2nd Year
- * Operating Systems, 3rd Year
- * Computer Networks I, 4th Year
- * Computer Networks II, 5th Year
Publications (Journal and Refereed Conference Proceedings)
- 1. "A Multithreading implementation of low - level Image Processing on the 3 - LAP massively parallel processor" (with C.T. Davarakis, et. al), Submitted.
- 2. "LABON: A Learning Automata - Based Optical Network" (with G. Papadimitriou), Submitted.
- 3. A New Congestion Avoidance Scheme For ISDN Frame - Relay Networks" (with A. Vassilakos and C. Paximadis), Accepted for publication, COMPUTER COMMUNICATION.
- 4. "WDM Passive Star Networks: Receiver Collision Avoidance Algorithms using Multifeedback Learning Automata" (with G. Papadimitriou), IEEE 17th Conference on Local Area Networks, 1992.
- 5. "A Probabilistic Parallel Associative Search and Query Set of Algorithms (PASQ-set)" (with C. Davarakis), Journal of Parallel and Distributed Computing. Vol. 14, 1992.
- 6. "Parallel Discrete Event Simulation with SIMULA - A Centralized Deadlock - Free Algorithm" (with G. Papaspyropoulos) Invited Paper in the "ADVANCED in PARALLEL COMPUTING Vol. II, JAI PRESS, 1991.
- 7. "ATHENA: A Software Measurement and Metrics environment", Software Maintenance: Research and Development, (with D. Christodoulakis and C. Tsalidis), John Willey, 1991.
- 8. "Three Layers Associative Processing (3-LAP) for Symbolic and Numeric Applications" (with C. Davarakis), Proceedings of the International Conference on Massively Parallel Computations, FRONTIERS 90.
- 9. "A Parallel Associative Query Set of Algorithms (PASS-set) and the MULTI-layer Associative Processor Model (MULTAP)" (with C. Davarakis) Proceedings of the ICPP Conference Vol. 1, pp. 99-102, 1989.
- 10."Parallel Discrete Event Simulation with SIMULA" (with G. Papaspyropoulos), "PARALLEL COMPUTING", Vol. 12, No. 3, 1989.
- 11."The Use of the Object-Oriented Approach in the GRASPIN-D3" (with D. Christodoulakis et. al), Proceedings of the ESPRIT 87 Conference, North Holland 1987, pp. 361-374.
- 12."Multiprocessor Interrupting and Synchronizing Concepts in the Parallel SIMULA Machine and their Representation by Petri-Nets", (with M.P. Papazoglou, P.I. Georgiadis and A.A. Dickie), Microprocessing and Microprogramming 15 (1985), pp. 179-190.
- 13."Architectural Considerations of the Parallel SIMULA Machine" (with M.P. Papazoglou and P.I. Georgiadis), The Computer Journal Vol. 27, No. 3, 1984.
- 14."An Outline of the Programming Language SIMULA" (with M.P. Papazoglou and P.I. Georgiadis), Computer Languages, Vol. 9, No. 2, pp. 107-131, 1984.
- 15."Designing a Parallel SIMULA Machine" (with M. P. Papazoglou and P.I. Georgiadis), Computer Design, October, 1983.
- 16."Process Synchronization in the Parallel SIMULA Machine", (with M. P. Papazoglou and P.I. Georgiadis), Proceedings of the 1981 IEEE & ACM Intern, Conference on Parallel Processing, August 1981.
- 17."Towards a Parallel SIMULA Machine" (with P.I. Georgiadis and M.P. Papazoglou), Proceedings of the 8th annual ACM & IEEE Conference on Computer Architecture, Mineapollis 1980.
- 18."Microcomputer Implemented Random and Key Generating Algorithms" (with A.C. Arvillias and C. Halatsis) "Euromicro Journal", 1980.
- 19."Development and testing of a High Precision Digital Gaussian Generator for Computers" (with G. Frangakis), "Mathematics and Computers in Simulation", XXII, 1980.
- 20."Toggle Register Structures over GF(2q)", Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Circuits & Computers, N.Y. , 1980.
- 21."An Efficient Design of a Digital Gaussian Converter", Proceedings "INFORMATICA 1979" (with G. Frangakis and P. Cosmatos).
- 22."Toggle-registers generating in parallel k. kth decimations of m-sequence xp+ xk+ 1....Design Tables", IEEE Transactions on Computers, C-28, Febr. 1979 (with A.C. Arvillias).
- 23."Direct determination of feedback shift register connections for delayed m-sequence generation", Electronics Letters, May 1978, Vol. 14. No. 10.
- 24."Techniques for delay evaluation and delayed maximum length sequence generation", Proceedings of "INFORMATICA 1978" (with A.C. Arvillias).
- 25."Combinational Logic-free realizations for high speed m-sequence generation", Electronics Letters, Vol. 13, No. 17, August 1977 (with A.C. Arvillias).
- 26."Partitioning the period of a class m-sequences and Application to Pseudorandom number generation", JACM, Vol. 25, No. 4, October 1978.
- 27."Phase-shift Analysis of linear feedback shift register structures generating pseudoradom sequences", IEEE Transactions on Computers, July 1977 (with A.C. Arvillias).
- 28."The M/Ek/r Machine Interference Model. Steady State Equations and Numerical Solutions", European Journal of Oper. Research, 1977 I, (with D. Xirokostas).
- 29."Digital Systems for the Generation of Number Sequences Based on high degree m- and product m-sequences - A comparative view", Proceedings "INFORMATICA 1976" (with A.C. Arvillias).
- 30."On-line Scanning System Design Considerations", Proceedings "INFORMATICA 1975" (with G. Philokyprou and C. Halatsis).
- 31."Electronic Peripherals for Digital Simulation-Simple Hardware for Probability Distribution Generation", Proceedings of "Computer Science Conference", Szekesfhrvar, Hungary, May 1973 (with P.G. Heath).
- 32."The Autocorrelation Function of the Two-Feedback Shift Register Pseudorandom Source", IEEE Trans. on Computers, Oct. 1973.
- 33."On the Statistical Properties of a Class of linear Product Feedback Shift Register Sequences", IEEE Trans. on Computers, October 1973.
- 34."Designing Block-Structured Bubble-up Buffers", Electronic Engineering, April 1976 (with G. Philokyprou and C. Halatsis).
- 35."Analysis of Block-Organized Buffers for Poisson Input and Periodic Block Output", International Journal of Systems Science (with G. Philokyprou and C. Halatsis), Vol. 5, No.1, 1974.
- 36."A Class of Buffer Systems with Heterogeneous Input - Output Processes", International Journal of Systems Science (with G. Philokyprou), Vol. 5, No. 3, 1974.
- 37."A High Speed and Accuracy Digital Gaussian Generator of Pseudorandom Numbers", IEEE Trans. on Computers, July 1973.
- 38."Buffer Length for Erlang Input and Constant Removal Rate", IEEE Trans. on Computers, Sept. 1970 (with M.G. Hartley).
- 39."A Case Study of a Versatile Generator of Repeatable Non-Poisson Sequences of Pseudorandom Pulses", IEEE Trans. on Computers, Oct. 1970 (with M.G. Hartley).
- 40."Design Criteria for a Generator of Repeatable Non-Poisson Sequences of Pseudorandom Pulses", IEEE Trans. on Computers Sept. 1970 (with M.G. Hartley).
- 41."Non-Poisson Sequences of Pseudorandom Pulses", Ph.D. Thesis, University of Manchester, England, 1969.
- 42."Phase Angle of Narrow-Band Noise", M.Sc. Thesis, University of Birmingham, England, 1967.
- 43."Improvements in, or relating to generating Pseudorandom sequences", English Patent No. 1322362, U.S.A. Patent No. 3746847.
- 44."Digital Simulation Methods", IEE Monograph Series 15, Peter Peregrinous Ltd., England, 1975 (Contributor), (Edited by M.G. Hartley).
- 45."Encryption Protocols for Efficient Communication in the " RECOVER" System", D.G. Maritsas TR/SP.4, International Atomic Energy Agency, 1983, 42 pages.