Sotiris Nikoletseas is a Full Professor at the Computer Engineering and Informatics Department of Patras University, Greece. Also, the Director of the SensorsLab and a Scientific Consultant of the Algorithms Group at the Computer Technology Institute and Press "Diophantus" (CTI), Greece. He has been a Visiting Professor at the Universities of Geneva, Ottawa and Southern California (USC).
His research interests include algorithmic aspects of wireless sensor networks and the Internet of Things (IoT), wireless energy transfer protocols, probabilistic techniques and random graphs, average case analysis and probabilistic algorithms, algorithmic engineering.
He has coauthored over 200 publications in international Journals and refereed Conferences, 3 Books (on the Probabilistic Method, on theoretical aspects of sensor networks, on wireless power) and 30 Invited Chapters in Books by major publishers. He has served as the Program Committee Chair of several Conferences, and as Associate Editor, Editor of Special Issues and Member of the Editorial Board of major Journals (like TCS, IEEE TC, COMNET, Ad Hoc Networks). He has co-initiated international events related to sensor networks (ALGOSENSORS, DCOSS) and has organized several conferences in Greece (SEA 05, IPDPS 06, MSWiM 07, DCOSS 08). He has delivered several invited talks and tutorials.
He has participated/coordinated several externally funded R&D Projects related to fundamental aspects of modern networks, mainly by the European Union (EU) in FP7 and H2020, as well as national projects.
- Site leader of the EU/H2020 Project SAINT ("Systemic Analysis In Network Threats") on economic aspects of cybersecurity, 2017 - 2019.
- Technical site leader of the EU/H2020 Project SAFESTRIP ("Safe and green Sensor Technologies for self-explaining and forgiving Road Interactive aPplications"), 2017 - 2020.
- NEW BOOK: S. Nikoletseas, Y. Yang and A. Georgiadis, "Wireless Power Transfer Algorithms, Technologies and Applications in Ad Hoc Communication Networks", Springer Verlag, 2016.
- Site leader of the EU/H2020 Project Privacy Flag (crowdsourced privacy for the Internet of Things), 2015 - 2018.
- Member of the Editorial Board of the Elsevier Ad Hoc Networks Journal (since 2016).
- Site leader of the EU Project IoT-Lab (crowdsourcing for the Internet of Things), 2013 - 2016.
- Our Control Cube system (which enables conventional appliancies and automations to join the Internet of Things vision) was selected as one of the 10 semi-finalists of the very competitive, international IPSO Challenge 2013. The story has been covered by international press (The Wall Street Journal), major Greek press (To Vima, Kathimerini, Eleuterhotypia), Greek web portals (newsit, thebest, dete).
- New postgraduate cource on Advanced Topics in Wireless Ad Hoc Networks (since 2015).
- BOOK: S. Nikoletseas and Jose Rolim, "Theoretical Aspects of Distributed Computing in Sensor Networks", Springer Verlag, 2011.
- Coordinator of the EU project HOBNET (June 1, 2010 - May 31, 2013).
- Best Paper Award at the 6th IEEE International Conference on Distributed Computing in Sensor Networks (DCOSS), Santa Barbara, USA, 2010.
- Member of the Editorial Board of the Elsevier Computer Networks (COMNET) Journal (since 2011).