Participation/Direction of R&D Projects
a. European Union Funded Research Projects
- Site leader of the EU/H2020 Project SAINT ("Systemic Analysis In Network Threats") on economic aspects of cybersecurity, 2017 - 2019.
- Technical site leader of the EU/H2020 Project SAFESTRIP ("Safe and green Sensor Technologies for self-explaining and forgiving Road Interactive aPplications"), 2017 - 2020.
- Site leader of the EU/H2020 Project Privacy Flag (crowdsourced privacy for the Internet of Things), 2015 - 2018.
- Site leader of the EU Project IoT-Lab (Crowdsourcing for the Internet of Things), 2013-2016.
- Coordinator of the Project HOBNET ("Holistic Platform Design for Smart Buildings of the Future Internet"), EU/Seventh Framework Programme/ ICT/Future Internet experimental facility and experimentally-driven Research (FIRE), 2010-2013.
- Scientific Coordinator for CTI in the Project ProSense ("Promote, Mobilize, Reinforce and Integrate Wireless Sensor Networking Research and Researchers: Towards Pervasive Networking of WBC and the EU") EU/ Seventh Framework. Programme/Cooperation/Support Action in the REGPOT-2007-3-01. (2008-2010)
- Steering Committee Member of the Research Project "Foundations of Adaptive Networked Societies of Tiny Artefactsi" (FRONTS, EU/IST/FET/Pervasive Adaptation). (2008-2010)
- 2005 - 2008: Scientific Coordinator of the Project ALGO.D.E.S. ("Algorithms for Smart Dust Networks"), funded by the Programme PENED of the Greek Ministry of Development/General Secretariat of Research and Technology (GSRT).
- 2005 - 2008: Integrated Project (IP) on Algorithmic Principles for Building Efficient Overlay Computers (AEOLUS, EU/IST). Leader of SubProject 5 (Wireless Extensions).
- 2004 - 2007: Integrated Project (IP) on Large Scale Information Systems (DELIS, EU/IST). Research in efficient algorithms for wireless networks.
- 2002 - 2005: Co-coordinator of the Project "Foundational Aspects of Global Computing Systems" (FLAGS, EU/IST/FET/Global Computing Proactive Initiative). Research in ad-hoc mobile networks and network stability.
- 2002 - 2005: Co-coordinator for CTI of the Project "Critical Resource Sharing for Co-operation in Complex Systems" (CRESCCO, EU/IST/FET/Global Computing Proactive Initiative). Research on frequency assignment problems in radio networks and fast communication in wireless networks.
- 2002 - 2005: Senior Researcher in the Project "Combinatorial Structure of Intractable problems" (COMBSTRU, EU, Research Training Networks Programme). Research in random walks analysis for communication in mobile networks and approximation algorithms for coloring problems.
- 2000 - 2003: Co-coordinator for CTI of the Project "Algorithms and Complexity in Future Technologies" (ALCOM-FT, EU/IST/FET Open). Research in algorithmic aspects of networks and fundamental techniques.
- 2000 - 2003: Senior Researcher in the Project "Approximation and Randomized Algorithms in Communication Networks" (ARACNE, EU, Research Training Networks Programme). Research in algorithmic issues of Radio Networks.
b. Other Projects (representative selection)
- 2012 - 2015: Scientific Supervisor of the SHARPEN (Structural and Algorithmic Properties of Dynamic and Evolutionary Networks) Project, GSRT/Post-doc Support Action (awarded to Dr. Christoforos Raptopoulos).
- 2012 - 2015: Scientific Leader of the University of Patras team in the DISFER (DIstributed Sensor systems For Emergency Response) Project, GSRT/Thalis Action.
- 2005 - 2008: Scientific Coordinator of the Project ALGO.D.E.S. ("Algorithms for Smart Dust Networks", GSRT PENED 2003 Programme).
- 1999 - 2001: CTI 's team Co-coordinator of the project ALCAD ("Algorithms for Mobile and Wireless Communication Networks", GSRT PENED 99 Programme).
- 1998 - 2001: Site co-coordinator of project ALCOM-IT (Basic and applied research on Algorithms and Complexity).
- 1997 - 1999: Scientific co-ordinator of project SYN-IML (Design and implementation of the electronic magazines of Lambrakis Research Foundation in the Internet).
- 1996 - 1999: Project ALCOM-IT; (Basic and applied research on Algorithms and Complexity).
- 1995 - 1996: Project "Feasibility Study for the Greek Parliament' s Information System".
- 1993 - 1996: Project GEPPCOM (ESPRIT Basic Research Action, "General Purpose Parallel Computing").
- 1993 - 1996: Project ALCOM II (ESPRIT Basic Research Action, "Algorithms and Complexity").
Participation in International Scientific Organizations
- Member of the European Association for Theoretical Computer Science (EATCS).
- Member of the Association for Computing Machinery (ACM).
- Member of the Special Interest Group on Algorithms and Computation Theory (SIGACT).
- Member of the IEEE Computer Society.