Enabling Grids for E-sciencE-II
Program: IST (FP6)
EGEE-II is a project that continues the EGEE project.
Main objectives of the project are:
- the continuous improvement of middleware that is used in the various nodes that participate in the installed grid infrastructure, in order to deliver a reliable service to users
- to attract new users from the industry as well as the electronic science
- the constant education and support both to the existing and to new candidate users
- to combine national, regional and thematic Grid efforts, for a seamless Grid infrastructure for scientific research
- to build a sustainable Grid for business research and industry
In the frames the project, NTS has undertaken the total operation and supervision of HG-04-CTI-CEID NODE, the co-ordination of first level help in South-eastern Europe and the users support in national level.